• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Medina and Akron Shows

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
It does appear that the site is being used as our own personal channel. Not a bad thing and if anyone else stumbles across and wants to contribute, that would be additional goodness.
Not to worry. I'm still here!

AD

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Went to the Akron show today Saturday. Was there from 11:45 - 1:45. Seemed like a lot of car traffic exiting. Unusual light crowd for a Saturday.
Ammo availabilty seems to be making a comeback although still at elevated pricing, many tables had ammo. Didn't sell any of the ammo I took with me to sell.
Reloading components seem to be making a comeback too. Common brass of 9mm, 38sp, 40S&W, 45acp, 223, and 308 was there, pricing normal to a little high. No powders. Primers were typically $200 per brick. One dealer/table had Extreme plated bullets in 500ct boxes of 9mm (various weights) and 38 caliber. Pricing was $90-$100 per 500ct. He was selling well.
I acquired nothing, just socializing and looking.
Much discussion from the tables about the upcoming 'doom and gloom' because of the current/existing goverment and their new potential regulations. Some comments that gun shows as we know them won't exist by the fall. Ammo tables concerned that they won't be able to sell ammunition.

I saw a 686+ 7 shot 3" for 850/900, I forget the price.

Last edited:

Barndad

I can understand the light traffic this weekend with the weather being as nice as it was. Too many outdoor options for people that have been under home detention for the past year. Good to know that some semblance of supply is starting to appear, even at higher prices.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Was at Berea today, Saturday, from 11:15 to 1:15. A very large crowd, aisles were crowded. Acquired a box of Norma 10mm ammo and a quantity of 38cal 105gr PSWC style bullets (all my 38 brass needed bullets). Sold some 44cal 240gr SCW coated bullets.
Temperature warmed up by the time I was leaving and dropped by 20 degrees along the lake.

Barndad

Contemplating on whether to attend the Medina Show this weekend. Given that Berea is only 2 weeks away and the weather will be ideal for yard work & a visit to the range, it probably won't happen.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
I did Medina last month, so that was my once for 2021. Might do the Jefferson show to see how that one is.

Barndad

There is a very good chance that we'll be at the Berea show on Sunday morning.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
I was there from 11:15-1:00. I went to buy, but nothing. A very dismal show !!! Kendall Ordnance wasn't there for brass & bullets, the big magazine supplier wasn't there. I saw an M28 4" at $850 and 2 M67s' at $850 each. I would have liked to get one of the M67s', but not at $850. Saw a walker carrying a M19 4", didn't ask what he was trying to get. Not planning on going back tomorrow.

Stopped at FFF afterwards, they're starting to get ammo, didn't check pricing. Picked up 2 RCBS bullet puller collets in sizes I didn't have.

Barndad

We're heading out there 1st thing tomorrow morning. Take a quick run through & see what's there, maybe look for a speed loader or holster for the 2.5" 686. Any other reloading components in stock at FFF that surprised you?

oldman10mm

vip
Army
The 2 bullet puller collets I picked up were there the last time I stopped in there at the last Berea show, just didn't pick them up then.
Surprises, ammo shelves are getting ammo, even 22lr, but still limitations of 1. Powders ZERO, primers are becoming in stock, pricey and limited to 100 per day per customer, brass ZERO.

Next weekend is the Canfield automotive swap meet for me so I'll stop in the FFF Boardman store while I'm in the area.
Then 2 weeks after that is the Mansfield gun show that'll allow me to stop in at FFFs' main store in Ashland after the show.

Last edited:

Barndad

Went to the show & spent a few dollars with Kendall for some walnut media. They had very little brass or bullets. Picked up some steel targets that my GF has been wanting as she gets a kick out the sound effects as opposed to shooting at paper. I did see a new Ruger SP101 in 327 that was briefly tempting until I saw the price. Powder at $75 a pound and some SPP for $150 for 1K.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Sunday went to Canfield automotive swap meet, was there from 10 to noon, walked all the paths of the 65 acre vendor area. Didn't find the Camaro rear suspension springs I was seeking.
Went to FFF Boardman afterwards, was there about at 12:30. Incredibly few customers, firearms counter people had nobody to help/serve. Ammunition situation there much better than at FFF Berea, ammo on shelves but priced in line of at Berea. Brass was scarce, didn't see any primers but didn't go searching them out. Surprised at powder supply, they had powder, but still a limit of 1. I bought a lb of H110 @ $38. Also picked up 2 pairs of 511 brand cargo shorts that had zippered pockets (necessary when going upside down on rollercoasters).
Stopped at Summit Racing in Tallmadge and got the Camaro springs.
Long day and WARM !!!
Next upcoming gun show in 2 weeks in Mansfield.

Barndad

Wasn't able to make it out to Berea this weekend and probably won't have the time until late August to get out to one of the shows. Too many summer activities planned and forced upon us for the foreseeable next few weeks. The only upside is saving a few dollars to spend later in the year.....