• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Who Carries Openly?

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, to start off this thread, I have to say that I do.

I know I do it all the time in Ohio when I'm there as well as Kentucky and most of the states west of the Mississippi.

So, as most of you guys go to gun shows and the like, do you open carry?

Here's a shot from tonight where I wanted to go the Kale World for dinner and get a carrot smoothie while my riding buddy said it was Waffle House or his wife's meat loaf. Waffle House will always win out, I assure you.

So let's have it. Where's your open carry pictures? If you don't exercise your rights, you'll lose then as sure as the sun comes up.

AD (why yes, that is a Glock 26 on my belt)

PS The Ruger PCC was in the tour pack on the back, in case anybody wanted to know.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I open carry 90% of the time. Gun shows here in Toledo from what I remember are NOT gun friendly when it comes to carry firearms. Last show I was at for Maumee Valley ALL guns had to be checked in and unloaded. You could still keep your firearm but it was zip tied with the action open.

I do open carry almost everywhere I am able too and have had no bad reactions so far. Only real reaction was a lady asking me why I felt it necessary to carry a gun and openly carry it. I simply told her;
  1. It is my right to do so in the U.S. Constitution and the Ohio Constitution as well , so I do so
  2. I am not a criminal, have passed multiple background checks in order to be able to carry concealed if I feel the need or want too
  3. I refuse to be a statistic of ANY kind crime wise and we all know what the rates are currently
  4. I WILL protect my family, friends, bystanders and myself at all costs from anyone trying to do harm of any kind
She did not seem to understand that and stated about all the shootings around the U.S. I explained to her that if just ONE person had a firearm there at that time how many people do you think COULD have been saved because of that one person with that one firearm and the training to properly use it.

She calmly said, "That's the best explanation I've ever gotten from anyone I've asked to date that had a firearm on them."

I simply thanked her for her time, calmness and interest and explained that people you see openly with firearms are NOT the ones to be worried about, it's the ones you don't see that carry the potential for violence and that's where proper profiling comes into play and knowing your surroundings as well as people.

I think I changed her mind on firearms carry and in general despite my thought she was very anti-gun.

P.S. Next time you're in Toledo let me know. If I'm not working we can do lunch and if I am, well stop in and at least say "hello".

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
I almost got to Toledo this year. Was on schedule to make the run from Minneapolis to Cleveland but got sidetracked along the way and wound up running straight south out of Minny. It worked out good for me weatherwise, but I did miss golfing with my brother and buddy in Cleveland.

It also saved me a week of travel time too!

AD

Being a 'gearhead',Advance and AutoZone are my favorite local stores,distant store is Summit Racing Equipment in Tallmadge.
Lima gun show,Oct 5 & 6. Got the local S&W collectors get together on Saturday,so might go to Lima on Sunday.