• As you can see i've updated to version 2 of the software which is a complete change from the old. I am working to get everything back to normal as fast as possible.

If you notice anything missing, strange or just plain out of sorts please let me know so I can address that. I've tried my best over the past few days to address most of what I see that needed fixing but I am 1 person.

If you are a member of ANY other sub groups and I have missed that PLEASE let me know and I will get that avatar and subgroup fixed ASAP.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and most of all your patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

What do you carry?

The more I carry the more I mix up to open carry, it's more comfortable and the holster I have(a gift so I have no idea who made it) has a spare mag pouch so it's easier to carry the second mag than just throwing it in a pocket. Now that I have a little one and a diaper bag to tote around, I don't think I'll go to carrying anything smaller than my "compact" P228R. It's easy enough to conceal a darn near full size handgun even with my "slender" frame and with the diaper bag we have I could carry an AR pistol and average Joe Citizen would be none the wiser.

I'll play.
Gen 2 G 19 with a TRD slide milled for an RMR, extended threaded barrel.
Carry it in a Blade tech Columbia or Peach State Concealment Mini-Me.
Every day, all day AIWB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Gatekeeper

nra
airforce
officer
The weather determines my carry weapon. My Glock 36 some days in a Galco Summer Comfort. My Ruger LCR 357 Mag in a Crossbreed Mini Tuck, I always use as a backup . Real cold weather, my Sig Sauer 1911 Ultra in a Galco Miami Classic.

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
Would love to fire a Ruger 1911. I have a Springfield and Kimber 1911 but always looking to test fire other mfg's.

I love my Para Slim Hawg (with a few mods, mostly cosmetic) Loaded with Hornady Critical defense .45 ACP. Love having the power of .45 in the general size of a pocket pistol. Still trying to decide on a BU/Deep concealment option...

I've shot the Ruger SR 1911 the first time during the summer fit and finish is nice. The 3 dot sights where a welcome sight to my 58 year old eyes. Grouped as well as my Springfield and Howard's Kimbers. this is a very well made gun. It does shoot cast bullets with no problems 200gr SWC were the main ammo for the 12 clip break in. As Howard always lets me shoot every new gun he buys. For the money you could buy it at Clelands a few months ago with tax for $738.00 out the door. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it at all. I have two .45 acp a Colt with Bomar sights and my Springfield 1911A1. And I do carry a 1911 all the time every house hold should have a 1911.

Last edited:

PrepperTraining

vip
nra
nra instructor
I love my Para Slim Hawg (with a few mods, mostly cosmetic) Loaded with Hornady Critical defense .45 ACP. Love having the power of .45 in the general size of a pocket pistol. Still trying to decide on a BU/Deep concealment option...
Russ - have you looked at the Double Taps? I was looking at one a while back.

I've carried a G19 for the past 6 or 7 years. Works great. Only mod I've done is swap out the trigger for something with a shorter reset.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Just wondering what gun(s) every one else carries.

I carry my Springfield XD9 subcompact lately for concealment. Sometimes I carry my XD40 Tactical or Spring 1911. I guess it depends on my mood.

Oh and uhhh yeah, I am a Springfield person. LOL
Here she is:

gunhumor.jpg

Colt 1991A1 chambered .45ACP, commissioned by my commander in commemoration of our deployment. When money allows, I want to get proper low-light sights, a dovetail palm safety w/commander-style hammer, and maybe a few other extras.

Funny story about that little drawing with the gun: Notice the gun grip are Hughes. When I ordered that grip online, the order form had an open field for 'special instructions'. I wrote "please include a hand-drawn picture of a dinosaur dressed as Micheal Jackson in an action pose of your choice", and that drawing is the result, right on the packing slip itself. I love it!

Last edited:

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
Love the gun Stylus and the picture is awesome too. That is too damn funny! Gonna have to try that some time.