• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

What did you reload today.

Last year about x-mas time but you have remember how much ammo I use. When you have too choose your gun by how much ammo you have it's time too reload. And that's about all I can say.:flag:

Reloading before breakfast felt great today press all set up for 38 special 3.5 Titegroup again. Little hang up with LNL powder thrower. Roll pin or for those who like the term spring pin came out half way. Easy fix so a word of advice look over your reloading press and throwers and do some PM, Am I happy with the Hornady LNL hell yes that thing has been going strong for about ten years.:):flag:

Reloaded some 22K Hornet early this week The load was 50 grain Hornady Bullet IMR 4227 10.2 grains standard Tula pistol primer. group #1 was .610 three shot group center to center. Group #2 was not much bigger or was group #3. These groups where shot at 100yds off a pistol rest that I made. Couple days later I seated the bullets a little deeper my thoughts were to shrink my groups even smaller. Wrong the groups opened up to 2" and I will check them at 50yds to make sure it wasn't me. :flag::thumbs:

Well while reloading today a case got stuck in the die. The bottom 1/4'' above the rim tore off. This is that 22K hornet brass of mine that has been reloaded several times. As you all know that brass is very thin. So tomorrow this die is going to work with me. I'll look for shiny rings on the bras 1/4'' above the rim I found one after the case got stuck so the whole lot of my brass. This brass is very thin from the start the thinnest you will ever see.:mad:

The brass is better than I expected. I can't thank you enough the 300 brass made its way too Andy today. The stuck brass was one of mine and it's out.

Last edited:
This Is how I removed the stuck case. First I measured the OD of a sized case and non sized case. The decimal Equivalent Chart was looked at for drill bit size. I was looking for a letter bit or factional bit very close to my measurement. Once found the die was put in the mill vise. this mill has near zero run out. On lowest setting the bit was run in the case down the up serval times the bit caught the case on the upward stroke and low and behold case was out. So with a little thought you can also remove stuck cases. Never give up there is always a way out of a jam.

This weekend I'll load the brass that oldman10mm sent me. The load will end up a little on the lite side so there is no case loss. During fire forming there is a chance but the last time I lost zero. So .22 k hornet, .38 special, .45acp, 45colt, .41mag, .44mag last.:) PS THANK YOU oldman10mm.

Today was a shooting day for me. The 22K Hornet was the at the top of the mark today. With groups that are about as good as it gets. The wind didn't bother me much as I shot 7 groups all three shot groups at .910 average some a tick smaller but none large. Fire forming today I lost one to a split I didn.t shoot the .44 as someone showed up the cut the grass. When the leaves fall I might go hunt tree rats with this gun.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
When the leaves fall I might go hunt tree rats with this gun.
Man, what's with all the squirrel hating going on? Yes I am one of those animal people. I do not hunt and see no reason for it unless it's your source of meat for winter like my family in upper Washington state. They get snowed in every year and have to hunt deer for the freezer for a meat source. While I do not like the thought I do understand it.

No hate for squirrels hunting is part of our history hunting animals for fun is wrong or trophy hunting. Rich people who pay to hunt and don't enjoy the meat and the blessing of the harvest of one of GODS Gift the wild beast. Hunt and just go for the kill is wrong long live the beast.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Yeah I like Cabela's and seeing the animals there BUT I do not like that it was for sport. Granted I would probably never see them in the wild otherwise but killing for sport is just wrong in my book. I can accept those that hunt for survival or for the meat and skins for personal clothing use though.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Getting things cleaned up YET again in the basement for the winter reloading. Gonna work on some .300 AAC thanks to Oldman10mm and Dan. Along with some .223 as well.

Also thinking about firing up the lead pot and casting some a bit too. We'll see where the tortured and scattered mind takes me...

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I do not hate squirrels, Andy. As a matter of fact, I love them........breaded and simmered in gravy and spread over 2-3 homemade biscuits.:D Also packed in a fresh pot-pie.:rofl:
I guess killing critters for the table is something one needs to grow up with to enjoy and understand the hunting for dinner gig.
I could never see myself sport hunting for trophies, no need to shoot a rhino or a striped donkey. But a little fat doe for the table is a rare treat these days.

Believe this or not, back in the 60's, early 70's I brought home rabbits and pheasants every weekend. And yes, they were needed and all consumed, quite thankfully. ;):flag:

Rebuilding my reloading area. As it was built in the 70s' to accommodate my needs(38sp,357M,44sp,44M,17Rem,6mmRem) back then,my current diversity of cartridges(9mm,38sp,357M,40S&W,10mm,41M,44sp,44M,223Rem,300AAC,35Rem) isn't applicable to the old setup. Was reloading 30-06 and 308Win for a while,don't anymore,still have the die sets for those. And gotta think of the future in case I throw 380acp,45colt,460S&W,& 500S&W into the mix.

Well 5 days off in roll I just started tumbling some brass. Next I will reload 500 rounds of .44 mag I reloaded 500 .45 ACP then I will go to .38 Special. Boy target shooting sure takes a toll on your ammo. But it keeps me busy and away from the fridge.