• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Steel Challenge

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, I heard it through the grapevine (don't start singing) that the guy who is picking the requirement to buy the ice cream on Wednesday night has a plan in the works to make sure I wind up buying as he's working with some ideas of how I'm going to blast away with the Ruger PCC. I think it has something to do with the way he is going to finish relative to me.

I'm a marked man on Wednesday night. When you sit at the top of the squad, everybody is gunning for you, so to speak.

But I've got a surprise for them tomorrow. I'll leave the PCC at home and drag out a PRODUCTION gun. That should screw up the demographics of the squad quite nicely and with any luck, somebody ELSE will be buying the ice cream.

As most of those guys are running 22LR rifles and pistols with optics, I'll be the Lone Ranger with the Production Glock out there. Iron sights and all.

I'll give it my best shot (sorry) and report back tomorrow!

AD (Get out there and shoot a match with a buddy!)

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
A major milestone has passed as of yesterday.

My lady friend beat THREE of our guys on 2 stages last night.

Yes, she did finish dead last overall, but that's not important when you know where you stand.

And as we all do on the Wednesday night shoots, she really gave those guys a ration of beans about being "beat by the girl" on those stages.

And now, thanks to that small victory, she want a "decent reflex sight" on the Ruger, not that "crappy BSA red dot."

I've created a monster!!!!

AD (get out there and shoot with a buddy)

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
I know you guys are getting tired of hearing about it but the results from Monday night are in and I lost to my "arch enemy" by 38/100th of a second last night.

I thought I had pulled off the win on the final stage with an epic comeback while he missed a tight head shot, but it was not to be.

I put an extra shot on both heads (that I didn't need) and that was enough to hand me the loss.

Not to worry. I'll bury him on Wednesday when the rifles come out!

AD (get out there and shoot with a buddy!)

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Hey guys, got two videos here for you.

The first one shows that when it rains in Florida, we can make anything work. It was a close match and we didn't want to call it due to rain so we finished out the last stage by moving the shooting box back 8 feet so it was under the shelter. Problem solved!

Except for the thunder and lightning!

The Revolution may not start on a sunny day!

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
And I've got a guy I used to work with who has been giving me a ration of beans about my times on the "Smoke and Hope" stage in Steel Challenge. Says I can't possibly be shooting it under two seconds.

Well, here's proof. Actually we had 4 other proofs but the jerk running the camera couldn't figure out a simple phone and didn't get the first 4 sub-2 second runs. Arrrgh. Had to run this AFTER we had run the stage, which I won anyway.

This is with a stock Ruger PCC in 9mm shooting factory ammo.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Talking to myself here but what the heck, it's all good.

I was needing only one more Classification to get all 13 that were available in Steel Challenge. The one that I was missing was Optical Sight Revolver.

Well, I had a nice wheel gun, my S&W 686 that I had classified with for Iron Sight Revolver so figured I would just steal the girlfriend's optic off of her Ruger Mk IV for a day or so and get this final classification done.

Got the optic mounted with a rail bought on Amazon, sighted it in, ran a few times across some targets and went for it today.

Needed a 240 to make "C" class and shot an easy 185 across all 8 stages to make it with plenty of time to spare.

Now I have to get that optic back on her gun and dialed back in before she gets back down here.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Had to delete the two messages above this one due to international spam crap that showed up for some reason.

Anyway, now that the optic revolver chase is completed, it's back to beating up on "friends" and other friendly challenges in order to avoid buying the "post-match" ice cream!

We've got a shooter who insists the only reason he loses every week is because he's the only one shooting an iron sight pistol. The rest of us are cheating.

Well, tonight it's time tp put up or shut up. He an I will be running identical S&W Victory iron sight pistols (22LR) for world domination at our local range. Well, at least in the Rim Fire Pistol Iron Sight division (RFPI).

He's been talking smack all week and I decided to put the trusty carbine on the shelf and pull out my own SW Victory and take the challenge.

It'll all be over in about 6 hours from now.

The Vegas morning line has me as a 8 second favorite across the four stages.

We shall see.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Got him.

95 to 45 at the end of the night.

It was all over after the second stage where he had a miss on two of the strings.

Back to the carbine next week.

AD