Proposed board change...

Discussion in 'Board Requests and/or Improvements' started by whitewolf68, November 5, 2015.

1. Well, I've found an add on that looks very promising.

This add-on reverses the order of posts in a thread so that the most recent post is at the top.

The quick reply box is also moved to the top of the thread so that the new reply appears immediately below it when posted on the first page.

What do you think? Would that be a welcome addition to the board?

Please let me know.

Andy

2. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Andy ... I don't personally see the value of viewing the latest post first as you then have to scroll to the bottom to see the original post to gain context for your reply. Regarding the location of the reply box, I have no strong opinion one way or the other.

3. Agree with post #2,leave as is. Interesting concept BUT strange.
    If things are left as is then reply box should follow last post,so no change there either.
    the way it is right now,the new posts column on the right takes you to the last post anyway.

4. I have to agree. As it works now, when you enter the forum and go to the "new posts" it brings you to the newest unread post in the thread and subsequent posts are below it in normal reading order. Any reply then goes to the bottom of the page/thread in order.

AD

5. OK then. I am glad I asked. ;)

I will leave well enough alone.