• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
After not buying anything for a few years (except that single six heritage arms .22), i finally broke down and bought a shotgun today.
Didn't want to but, couldn't pass it up. It's an old Mossberg 500 in .410 in super good condition. Should help put a few more tree rats in the freezer.

20151007_160058.jpg

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
That sure is beautiful Diesel. You always have good luck and good finds.

I just wish MANY years ago I would have went against my father's wishes and bought that Russian AK at the Fort Wayne gun show for $600. It would be worth a LOT more then that today. Oh yeah it was in new condition and never fired other than a test round. :(

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
Wasn't a super deal but, a fair one. That's a 25 years old gun in fine condition. The older 500's are built MUCH better than the new ones. I paid $300.00 out da door, no tax and no paperwork. The cheapest I seen the new ones was on line
$315.00 plus tax and shipping. Also a $20.00 fee to ship to your FFL dealer so, I think it was a fair deal for the condition of the gun.

Ya, 10mm. I fired at a piece of computer paper at about 20 yards, thinking 60'- 80' is about the top of most nut trees, and it covered the entire sheet. I realize that's not a proper pattern test but, that's all I had time to do.
It has a 23 1/2" barrel. The muzzle opening mics out at 0.375 which is about right. A .410 full choke is 0.390", the ammo was a 3" #4 lead shot. If I have time later today, i'll do a proper pattern test on a sheet of plywood. :flag:

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Wasn't a super deal but, a fair one. That's a 25 years old gun in fine condition. The older 500's are built MUCH better than the new ones. I paid $300.00 out da door, no tax and no paperwork. The cheapest I seen the new ones was on line
$315.00 plus tax and shipping. Also a $20.00 fee to ship to your FFL dealer so, I think it was a fair deal for the condition of the gun.
For a firearm that age and condition that is stellar in my book. I agree too that they made them much better then. Not as many keep parts being used back then and the steel was better quality IMHO, but what do I know. :cool:

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
IMG_0853.JPG IMG_0853.JPG I hear ya. I'm not unhappy with the price, however, I did manage to fire it twice this morning, killing a fine, healthy, brace of gray squirrels but, the strangest thing happened to the shells. Now, I don't know guns like you guys but, I've been shoot'n shotguns for close to 50 years. The first time I ever seen factory loads melt the end of the plastic? ? ? ? ?

Look closely at the ends, they're kind of melted. A gun problem?.......no I don't believe so. Cheap ass buck two ninety eight shells?......more likely the case.
If anyone could give me any ideas, i'd appreciate it. They may be too hot a round, don't want to eff up the gun.....I like it.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
Yeah I would suspect the shells as well. Try some newer ones for sure to make damn certain it's NOT the gun itself. If the shells do it again, well, get it to a smith straightaway.

I just wonder if those shells had a recall for over loading?

diesel

vip
nra
GOA Member
I have already ordered some Federals for just that reason,Wolf. I ordered 3" and 2 1/2" thinking perhaps the 2 1/2's will be ok, just hate to give up the 1/2" ya know?
That good thinking, Wolf. I will check for recalls.:flag: