New CZ 455 Rifle

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by BuckJM53, August 26, 2017.

1. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

I had been thinking about adding a CZ .22 rifle to the collection for some time but just never found a deal on one until a few days ago when a friend of mine asked if I knew anyone who might be interested in his low mileage 455 (2016 model with less than 500 rounds). I asked what he wanted and when he quoted a price that was 65% of new ones I've seen (and even better without tax and/or FFL fee), I said SOLD .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After a complete clean and lube I took it to the range this morning for its maiden voyage. The following is the initial target (10 rounds of M-22 @ 15 yards, standing with no support). Eight rounds grouped @ .58" with the full ten round group coming in @ .89". While 15 yards is certainly "up close", I'm not disappointed with its performance and excited to add a scope and see what it can do from a reasonable distance off the bench.

[​IMG]

2. The CZs' always get good reviews for quality and accuracy. Eventually I'll get a 455(standard or varmint) or maybe a 512 SA.

3. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Well worth the money IMHO :)

4. diesel

diesel

Don't know anything about CZ's but, it's a damn good looking rifle. Nice buy, Buck.:flag:

5. That's a 'European' style stock,I eventually want to get one with the 'American' style stock.

6. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Thanks diesel. I've had such great experience with my CZ pistols over the years, I figured I could not go wrong with a CZ rifle. So far I like it a lot.

I personally like the look of the European stocks, and for me they are a bit more comfortable to shoot.

Last edited: August 30, 2017
  7. diesel

diesel

I'll assume they make that style in multiple calibers??
    I got a hankering for a .17. That would make a damn pretty one.

What are it's prices like?:flag:

8. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Diesel ... There are a dozen 455 variants that are available in .22lr with several available in .17 WMR and/or .22HMR. The prices range from $375 to about $575.

diesel likes this.
  9. diesel

diesel

Looked around yesterday and everyone has them. Surprisingly, Sportsmans Guide had one of the lowest prices at $356 and change. That was for the .17 HMR, I believe.:flag:

10. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Sounds like a pretty good price. Are you the proud new owner?

11. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Hell if it shoots good groups out to 100 yards. I don't give a shit if the stock is a broom handle.

12. diesel

diesel

Not yet, Buck. September 9th-11th is the Coon Hunters Rendezvous in Canfield, Oh.
    I'll be setting up on my buddy's table to sell some knives (among other things) and if that goes well, i'll buy the 455.

13. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

Good luck with the sale :)

14. diesel

diesel

Thanks, Buck.:flag: