• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Medina and Akron Shows

Barndad

Thank you for the link to the 10mm forum. I will get over there and check out all of the valuable information that is in there.

Those are another 2 fine looking weapons! I take it that you've been a fan of and shooter of 10mm for a while. I hope to make another purchase this coming spring, either a 10mm or 357.....

Barndad

So it's been a favorite round of yours for a while now? The more I get to shoot, the greater appreciation there is for the different calibers and their capabilities. The more, the merrier!

Plan to attend the Akron show on Sunday, no set time as of yet. Last one of 2020 for us. Should be interesting to see what the prices are like at year end.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Too many favorites, not really. 357Mag, 10mm, 44Mag. Versatilities, 357M/38sp revolvers and lever action rifles available, 10mm can also shoot 40S&W in the S&W 610 revolver, 44M/44sp revolvers and lever action rifles available.
I'm planning on Akron tomorrow, Sunday. Hopefully be there by 10.

Barndad

The shows this year, at least the 4 months or so are a bit different than even the shows the first few months of the year. Little in the way of new firearms and the used ones are getting more scarce. I wasn't watching as much for private sellers walking around, but did see a couple of them. It'll be interesting to see what mix of inventory the late winter\spring shows bring.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
On Armslist/handguns/Ohio/Smith & Wesson/for sale/private party, more and more of the 'plastic' pistols are appearing. All those pre-election buyers that wanted something for protection because of all the seemingly 'civil unrest by the leftist general population' are now (and going to be) trying to sell them off to recoup the money now that civil unrest has subsided. The money used for that 'emergency firearm purchase' now has to be tried to recovered for paying for bills due to covid unemployment. The cycles of 2008, 2012, & 2016 were of somewhat similar nature. 2008 was of a potential AR ban, ARs' and magazines skyrocketed on prices due to everybody wanted/needed one and then a year ago AR prices were lower than they've ever been. AR magazines, in 2008 that were selling for 80-100 were a year ago sitting at $8-10. What's HOT now is ammunition and reloading supplies and what's gonna happen in those realms is still to be seen with the new Washington control.

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
My 686 is a shooter for sure.

Have run it in IDPA to make Expert and in USPSA to slug it out as a D shooter. Hard to run in USPSA with a 6-shooter as the big deal is the 929 with clips.

Also managed to hit a "C" class in Speed Steel (Steel Challenge) with that 686. It's tough when you need to hit all five plates fast. Only one extra bullet in that game!

AD

Barndad

Santa didn't bring a 686 this year, but Uncle Sam may help fund the purchase of a 686.

Hope everyone enjoyed as Merry of a Christmas as could be had this year!

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Went to Berea Saturday. Was there from 11:45 to 2:00. Packed crowd, frenzy, frenzy, frenzy. Hot items were magazines, 9 & 45 ammo, 9 & 45 brass, 9 & 45 bullets, primers.
Sold to my main magazine supplier some S&W magazines that he was out of.
Sold five older vintage 22lr semi-auto rifles, one of the vendors I deal with for magazines bought all 5, I gave him a deal, I was happy and he was happy.
Sold the large rifle primers I took with me, Joyce at Kendall Ordnance table put them on her table, she marked up my prices and they sold rather quickly. I got what I wanted and she got the mark-up price so she made $50 to help pay for the table(s).
Picked up 3 S&W pistol magazines.
On the way towards out to leaving, stopped by a table that I noticed when doing the show walk-thru, he had much 38 Super bullets that people were ignoring because they weren't marked 9mm. They're the same !!! I've reloaded 38 Super bullets into 9s' and experienced NO difference. I bought all he had on the table and his table prices were low because nobody wanted them. Got 200 FMJ and 400 JHP.
Only firearm that caught my attention was a Remington 742 BDL Semi-Auto in 30-06. The price was very nice at $585. It would be like an AR10 but not have the 'black rifle' look. Since I used to reload 30-06 (still have the dies) and recently picked up a S&W bolt action in 30-06, it would be a compatible addition.
An interesting comment from at the Berea show. The 'Yankee Lake' gun show (near the PA line) was the previous weekend and my main magazine supplier said even though the show venue was small, their sales were high. Very many coming over from PA for magazines and one came all the way from Connecticut to be able to buy/acquire magazines.

Barndad

The wave has yet to crest when it comes to personal protection. Supply will remain limited and sales strong for the foreseeable future. Good news for most vendors, however many reloading dealers, especially the brass dealers, available inventory is problematic.

Thank you for the lesson on the 38 Super. I was under the impression that they wouldn't chamber in 9mm due to the case length being too long.

oldman10mm

vip
Army
Interesting day.
Went to the Akron show today, Saturday. Got there at 11:45, parking lot full, managed to find a spot in the first row so short walk to the line waiting to get in, maybe 50 people. A line at noon waiting to get in(?) caused me to imagine about inside and yep, frenzy, frenzy, frenzy. Packed with people. Walked the show examining tables. More S&W revolvers than normally seen lately. Didn't look at any for model numbers and pricing. Seemed like a lot of long gun and AR sales occurring. AR uppers and drum magazines were selling well. Pistol magazines were in demand. Ammo, what little there was, was flying off the tables irregardless of price. Lot of tables had 'baggie'(maybe 10-20 rounds) packages of ammo to sell since normal boxes of ammo was in short supply. The most unusual aspect of that was to be able to buy a 'baggie' of 10 rounds of 22lr. No reloading components existed but did see some limited quantities of 9mm and 45 brass. Did my socializing with the tables/vendors I knew. Was there till 3:45, unusual for me to spend 4 hours at a show. Sold nothing(the components I took along to sell) and bought nothing.
It is getting worse !!!