• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Mech Tech CCU

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, I just couldn't stand it any longer.

As much as I love my Ruger PCC in 9mm, I've been shooting up way too much 9mm ammo in the PCC, Carry Optics and Production classes and decided now is the time.

I've got a TON of 45ACP from my earlier days in IDPA when I was shooting in the CDP division (45ACP) and with my winter carry gun being a Glock 30 (45ACP) I had stocked up pretty well a few years ago.

Now that I'm really sold on the Pistol Caliber Carbine concept, I needed a way to run some of that 45 ammo just sitting in the closet.

Mech Tech Systems has a pretty slick unit that will take my Glock 21 or Glock 41 and basically make it a Custom Carbine Unit basically for the price of attending a major match out of state for me. No, I won't be running this in any big matches, just my local stuff for fun. All of the fast carbines are 9mm and weigh a few pounds less than this one but the fun factor should pump up pretty high.

I'll let you know when it shows up and how the initial setup and test firing goes. Then the big test will be if I can shoot it well enough in my local IDPA matches to at least not lose to my buddies by too much. I hate buying the beer and cheeseburgers when those guys beat me up.

AD

PS I got them all pretty good at the last Speed Steel match.

Link to Wednesday Steel Results

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
They sent me an email saying it was shipped. Should be here on Jan 7th.

Should be fun to get it set up for Monday night IDPA matches.

AD

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, here's two photos of the new 45 ACP carbine put together. It took all of about 5 minutes to read the manual and drop the Glock 21 lower on to the upper.

Took it to the range for the initial firing and shakedown.

First two rounds were off by about a quarter inch at 20 yards (my usual zero for the shooting sports). They were slightly low on target so one quick adjustment of the crappy optic that I put on it for initial testing and it was spot on.

The last photo shows two plates at 40 yards shot free standing, in the wind and in reasonably fast sequence with an ill fitting optic..

I'm uploading these photos in a different way to see if they show up properly. If they don't I'll reload them in my usual format.

All of my buddies on Monday night want a chance to shoot it. This is a normal reaction.

The recoil was no worse than my Ruger PCC in 9mm.

Three "Hi-Cap" mags are somewhere in the UPS delivery system headed my way in order to make this a viable gun for Monday night IDPA.

AD (I love the size of 45 splatter!)
IMG_2386.jpgIMG_2388.jpgIMG_2389.JPG

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Funny you should ask!

I wanted to check that today and amazingly the 45 Carbine is lighter than my Ruger Carbine!

I'm sure the 45 will be heavier after loading it up with 23 rounds for a stage, but as you can see from the photos, the scale doesn't lie!

AD

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, it was a trial by combat last night for the new 45 Carbine and it came through with flying colors.

125 rounds in the match. Not a single burp, hiccup or jam/misfeed or stumble.

The rifle fires more like your typical 45 ACP "push" than the sharp snap of a 9mm or 40 cal gun.

Took top spot on my squad, which was a nice result. Also finished in 2nd place overall in the match behind a Grand Master. I'll take that every day of they week!

I think I'm going to have a good time with this one for sure.

AD

ADulay

vip
nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Also, at fighting weight, meaning all loaded up and ready for the buzzer, the 45 Carbine weighs in 1 oz heavier than the Ruger PCC.

I'm running 21 rounds in the 45 magazine (it holds 23) and 23 rounds in the 9mm magazine which holds 24 rounds.

I normally don't like to run the big stick magazines fully topped off. Makes a loaded chamber reload almost impossible during a stage.

AD

Barndad

We saw a similar product at a show a couple of months ago. Might be of interest to my GF as they have XD\M models. She's got a full size and a compact of those models and liked the PCC-style concept. I wonder if they have plans to add Sig P320 to their product line?