• As you can see i've updated to version 2 of the software which is a complete change from the old. I am working to get everything back to normal as fast as possible.

If you notice anything missing, strange or just plain out of sorts please let me know so I can address that. I've tried my best over the past few days to address most of what I see that needed fixing but I am 1 person.

If you are a member of ANY other sub groups and I have missed that PLEASE let me know and I will get that avatar and subgroup fixed ASAP.

Again, I thank you for your patronage and most of all your patience.

Sincerely,

Andy

Invitation system added...

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
I have added a new invitation system to the board. All you have to do is go into private messaging and it is the last option on your left hand side.

Enter in the email address and the system will send an automated message to that person with an invitation link for them to click.

Hopefully that will make thing a bit easier and help get the word out as well.

Please let me know if there are issues so I can correct or disable this modification.

Cheers!

Andy

Last edited:
not sure I understand. We enter somebodys' e-mail address(a non-member of OhGunOwners) and it will send out an invite to join OhGunOwners. Is that the concept.

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
Yep you got it...that is exactly it. It will send a private invitation to them and bring them to the register screen. :)

'out of state'rs OK ? I got a NC acquaintance that when I go down there,we go to gun shows(and some of them are incredible shows).

What about companies like Brownells,get them to become a member with us,maybe,getting a discount code ?

potentials are unlimited.

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
I have no issues with out of state users. ALL are welcome here with the fore knowledge that we are primarily focused on Ohio though.

I agree with you on the Brownells idea as well. I am trying to grow the membership here with the hope that we can strike some deals with companies for group buys and what not.

Last edited:
Andy ... Does the invitation reference the screen name of the member who sent the email, or is it just a generic invitation to the forum?

whitewolf68

Site Owner
Army
Here is a copy of the email that is sent.

PHP:
whitewolf68 thinks you might like our site! To verify this invite and register to our site please click the link below.

http://www.ohgunowners.net/register.php?reg_do=verifyhash&hash=0c463ceed45ac6e20b14b8cb8b5ecaa

All the best,
OHGunOwners - Ohio Gun Owners Forum

Of course the link is created just for that person and differs from email to email