• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Got Ammo ?

My stock,gathered together and organized

22lr-4100 rnds

38sp-handloads and factory

9mm factory and handloads & 40S&W factory and handloads

357M handloads and factory

10mm handloads & 41M factory & 44M factory and handloads

223/5.56 & 308/7.62

collectable 44M Super Vel,10mm Norma,357M Norma

Black Talon & Zombie

Still gotta bunch of reloading to do also.

really not a lot of factory ammo,Norma,Super Vel,Black Talon,Zombie,and S&W blue & white boxes are all my stash of collectable ammo. Eliminate those(56 boxes) and there really isn't a lot of factory ammo. What's really lacking is the supply of handloads. It could be 5-7 years since I've done any reloading. Haven't been doing much shooting so the need for reloads hasn't existed. Been busy with travelling,cruising with the Camaro,going to rollercoaster parks. Past couples winters I've been inventorying brass,primers,powders, & bullets and acquiring in those realms. I'm currently WELL stocked. Acquired a Hornady powered case trimming assembly for both ends of the case and also a SS pins wet media tumbler. I'm currently rebuilding the reloading area,should be done in a couple weeks. Factory ammo is used for initial testing of firearms acquired,the piece has to prove itself first with factory ammo before it gets handloads.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Dammit.

Now I'll be forced to go in the back bedroom and actually clean up that extra closet full of ammo stacked all over the place.

My wife hated looking at all of it and bought one of those steel shelving things. Of course it collapsed before I could even get less than half of it on there. I warned her but she wouldn't believe me so now all the 40-60 pound boxes are just piled up, mostly in order of caliber, kind of. As new ammo comes in, I kind of just drop it on top of the last batch and I think the 45's are sitting on top of 9mm's now. All the 40S&W is in the master bedroom closet along with the 38spcl and all the miscellaneous stuff (22, 380, etc.)

So, thanks to you guys I now HAVE to go in there and get that mess organized.

Maybe if I would take it all out of the big boxes and just put the 50 and 100 round boxes "on display", it would be easier to work with.

If I get to this over the weekend, I'll take a photo or two when I'm done. I hope.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Just realized something very interesting when I put in my online order for 45 ACP today.

The price is the lowest it has been since even BEFORE the big ammo crisis of a few years ago.

I figured with the cost being that low, I doubled the order! Free shipping too.

Life is good and the UPS guy will be swearing at me once again in January.

I still haven't cleaned up that ammo closet yet. Must attempt that sometime soon to get an accurate count of ammunition on hand.

At least I know I'm good on 45ACP now.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Still haven't cleaned up the ammo closet yet and the UPS guy just dropped off another load of 45ACP.

Hmm, maybe I really should make a New Year's Resolution to clean up the ammo closet/room.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
That's the problem.

I've got the back bedroom closet loaded down with 45ACP on one wall and 9mm on the other. The 223 gets stacked up on the third side.

Where does the 40S&W, 38 spcl, .380 and shotgun rounds go?

Hmm, in "my" bedroom closet along with a lot of other stuff, some of it being clothes!

Anyway, I did actually clean up the ammo storage problem last night. Nice stacks that I can draw from as needed with the light weight shelving holding miscellaneous boxes of recently used ammo that I just grab on the way out the door, without having to open up another case.

At least now I can get to the older ammo in the stash and shoot that up in rotation.

I had forgotten how many ammo sellers used to ship their stuff in those steel ammo cans. Found them all and will probably be shooting those up next in order as needed. What's really odd is that when I was carrying the H&K 40 "at work" I had stocked up on Winchester White Box ammo when it was $12 for a 100 round box. Used to buy a lot of it at Wal-Mart pretty much every time I went in.

Now I've got all this 40S&W ammo and I rarely shoot 40 anymore!

Oh well, times change and we move on.

AD

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I would like to second that oldman10mm said. I have plenty of storge room here at the wolf's den. Hell I am even working on some ammo can shelves.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, I can still get rid of some clothes I don't wear, some miscellaneous stuff on the floor in the closets and make room for the next 15,000 rounds or so if I decide I need to up the stockpile, but for now, I think I may just have enough to last me for quite some time.

Here's the "45 Locker" so to speak. That's 15,000+ rounds right there. That small batch on the left side is .223. Most of the stuff on the right side is 9mm in similar amounts. The "other" closet has the 40S&W, 38spcl and miscellaneous defensive ammo in smaller amounts.

Neatness counts and this IS neat as the piles are sufficiently separated between calibers.

I just like shooting the 45's. What can I say? I buy the stuff when it goes on sale and has free shipping.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
I'm not a hoarder.

All that stuff get shot up eventually.

It's just when I reorder ammo, I order "extra" to make sure I never run out at an inappropriate time.

Order extra every time and pretty soon you've got a nice cache of ammo.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Guys,

I put in a big order for 147g/9mm ammunition earlier this month and finally got notice that they've shipped it as of yesterday. This is good!

The reason I ordered up 4000 rounds was because I gave the 147g bullets a good run in the full sized Glock and it made a very pronounced difference in the feel of the gun. Much softer to shoot.

I tested out a box or so and alternated the bullets in the magazines to see if I could tell the difference. Yep, it's there big time.

I never could feel a real difference going from 115g to 124g so I just assumed the change to 147g would be similar. I was wrong. There is a big difference.

With that said, I decided to try the new bullets in the sub-compact Glock 26 and there wasn't really all that much difference in felt recoil between 115g and 147g but in the full sized gun (Glock 34) it was a big deal.

So, I went and put the next order in for all 147g and it got shipped yesterday.

Why the change? Well I've been using the Glock 34 in some USPSA shooting (Production Class) and with the amount of ammunition you run through there, I needed all the help I could get!

Anyway, if you're running a full sized 9mm gun, give a box of 147g a try and see if you feel the difference.

AD