• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Glock 34 MOS

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well it was going to happen sooner or later. The guys I shoot with on Monday and Wednesday are "getting on" in life and ALL of us have varying degrees of bad eyesight so it was inevitable that one of them would show up with an optic on their handgun. Once one of them did it, the floodgates opened up and about half of them now sport some sort of nice optics.

Well, I was one of the last holdouts. But getting beat by a second or two was taking a toll on me and I was about due to get a new gun anyway so I picked up a new Glock 34 Gen 5 MOS gun.

As I already have a Glock 34 (Gen 4) set up nicely for competition it made sense to get the Gen 5 with MOS. At least I'll have a decent supply of G34 magazines now!

I added a Vortex Venom 3 MOA optic as it dropped in perfectly and after about 20 rounds I had it dialed in nicely.

I already had a Burris FastFire 3 on my Ruger PCC and went with the Venom just to see if there was much of a difference. Not much and they both have lifetime replacement policies so I couldn't go wrong with either of them. Both had excellent reviews for both guns. I like it mainly for it's low profile. No need to get an ugly, top heavy optic if you don't have to.

It does take some time to get "used" to shooting an optic. Being able to draw from the holster and right into the correct sight picture takes practice and in my case, about a case of ammunition, but it's gotten much better since the last time when I lost to my arch enemy by 7/10ths of a second last week. I'll get him this week for sure.

The bottom line is that for those of you with bad eyes, like me, the optic really does make a difference, especially on the longer shots. With the size of the newer units getting smaller and the dependability getting better all the time, these would also work well on a variety of carry guns. A small optic on a Glock 19 would fit perfect and actually look good!

AD

dgodii

airforce
officer
Congrats on the upgrade. Last few years my laser eye surgery from years ago has been wearing off. Old age I guess.

To make up for age I use Plus P 45acp in a smallish gram bullet to zing faster than 9mm. I stick with American calibers...ha! Just trying to give you a laugh.

Smoke ‘em at the range.