Get together!

Discussion in 'OHGO Events' started by PrepperTraining, March 24, 2014.

1. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Yeah, we only saw about ½ dozen cars in the ditch after we left Lehman's (shopped there for a bit on the way home.)

2. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I dont know where it came from lol. We just had a bit of rain here at home. When I got out of the car at home it wasn't even raining anymore. Then, about 8 pm the grass was covered in snow lol. Still only got about an inch. We shall see in the morning what it is like outside. You know, there wouldn't be so many on the sides of the roads if people would slow down. Heck I was coming home from Springfield one time and that 3 hour trip took me almost 6 hours lol. Slow and steady.

Last edited: March 30, 2014
  3. how many attended/were there ? Looks like about 4" of snow on the picnic table this morning.

4. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Hey OldMan1-mm,

It was Krnny nd I and his wife from Columbus. MinimalBrat brought a guest, so just the five of us. Kenny's wife has some shoulder troubles and didn't shoot much. MinimalBrat's guest was like a sponge and really eager to learn. We worked her until her hands were sore and then called it a day. We were done by about 4:00.

5. You got a 'new' 44Mag Desert Eagle,is the cartridge new to you in regards to reloading,do you reload 44 mag now or now you have to start reloading for 44Mag.

anybody take pics ???

Last edited: March 30, 2014
  6. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

we ended up with a dusting on the ground and it is gone already lol

7. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

The gun is used, I also have a S&W 629. I used to own a 629 back in the day. Back in the day, that was my main reloading cartridge. I generally get dies for any caliber that I acquire so that I can reload for it. Now, how MUCH I reload depends on my available time - which is less than optimal these days.

Unfortunately, we were counting on you to take pics <kidding>. No, we forgot to take pics.

8. reaper66

reaper66

Sounds like you guys had a great time!
    I'm more than willing to drive a couple hours to meet and shoot with any of you. I'm in Florida right now, vacation. Came down foe a little R&R and watch the IndyCar season opener. Had an accident at the track and only got to see 3 laps. :(

Sent from my PantechP4100 using Tapatalk

9. St.Petersburg,I like the I275/19 drive over the bay.

Prepper,do you remember/recall what powder you used in 44Mag reloading ?

10. Hi old man. In my 44 mag with 250 grain Keith type bullets I use bluedot for all day shooting and for hot loads I use H110 or 296.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

11. always looking to know what powder others use in 44Mag.

12. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    For playing around loads 2400 but my go to powder for mag loads is H110 250gr SWC Keith style. 2400 doesn't need a mag primer and I've loaded from 16.5 - max.

Last edited: March 31, 2014
  13. PrepperTraining

PrepperTraining

Holy Cow! That was over 30 years ago! I don't even remember what I had for breakfast :lol:

14. Let's have some 2015 get-togethers,indoor range/outdoor range/social event. Some suggestions/planning. I have no problem with distances.

15. reaper66

reaper66

Let me know time and place. Lord willing I'll be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk