Favorite .22 to shoot

Discussion in 'Rimfire, Pellet and Mouse Fart Guns' started by Chris1911, July 30, 2012.

1. reenignEesreveR

reenignEesreveR

Ithaca M49... lever action, single shot. For more sentimental reasons than anything, it was handed down from my father.

very happy, ammo added...

2013-03-02 01.05.04.jpg

recent .22 lr addition to the ammo stock pile

2. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

I have a Mark II that I just have tons of fun with. You really need to let me use that training gun of yours lol. HEY, when you going to be up here again? I really have the need to play with toys. We are only going to let you shoot at dimes lol.

3. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    My High Standard & Mark III hunter with a red dot mounted on it two nice 50yrd guns

4. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

My top two favorites would be my Ruger MKIII512 (over 65,000 rounds down the pipe)

[​IMG]

and my GSG 1911-22 (over 36,000 rounds down the pipe)

[​IMG]

5. I just bought a Ruger 10/22 rifle before the frenzy because ammo was so much cheaper , The real pisser is i cant find ammo reasonable enough in price to shoot ! Guess I am going to have to fire up my LoadMaster and make some more 9mm and 45acp and shoot those instead lol !

6. what do you consider too expensive ?

7. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Walmart early morning fridays their Federal Ammo 22 525 Bulk pack $26.00 dollars the good old days are gone. Shoot good groups practice trigger control sight picture and stop when groups fall apart. Better to stop when thing fall apart then to sling lead all over.

Last edited: July 28, 2015
  8. JGPanico

JGPanico

Dublin
    The Marlin M39 Lever-Action Rifle is hands down the best .22 rifle and my personal favorite.

9. OGCJason

OGCJason

The Remington single bolt action my dad used when teaching me to shoot! :)

Loved that rifle and I've officially requested it when he asked us if we had preferences when he was doing some estate planning.

10. gonfishn

gonfishn

Gotta say I love my 22/45 as well and, like a previous poster, I wish the take down wasn't so dang hard.

11. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    I'm just a shooter so if it goes bang count me in.

12. Yeah I love to shoot as well BUT like I stated before I am also an ammo hoarder too so it hurts to actually use my stash. Oh the conflict and horror. LOL

13. I haven't been an active member here, although I have been a member of this forum, for some time, but I will plan to participate more often.

My recent purchase of a new CZ 452 American 2E in Left-hand bolt action rifle, I feel certain, will soon become my favorite .22 LR .

I found it hanging on the shelf at the Powder Room and it spoke my name. It whispered: "buy me, and take me home with you". What can one do but comply with the voices in your head.

I haven't had the opportunity to take it out to Deer Creek range and give it a shot, or a couple of boxes worth, but there has got to be some better weather coming, since today is the second day of spring.

I will start out with a few boxes of Aguila Eley Prime SuperExtra 40 gr copper coated, and then I have several brands I would like to try and find the combination that will give me the best results. From what I have read, and heard, CZ rifles, in general are highly regarded hor their quality and ferformace.

I had an opportunity to shoot one in .223, last summer and since then, have always wanted to own one. Now that I have the .22 LR, I would like to acquire one in .223 (Left-hand). However, according to CZ's 2017 Catalog, CZ has updated their new model 455 line with the 2nd barrel option and the 452 will continue to be manufactured in left-hand but there is no word on how long that model will continue to be in production - I'm gonna have to find that .223 version, pronto.

I did mount it on a Nikon P-223 3-9X40 scope, I took off of my Stag AR. Replaced it with a Vortex Strikefire Dot sight. The only complication, was the fact that the CZ receiver has the grooved top as the method for mounting a scope, so I had to get a set of Weaver T-22 Conversion Mount Bases in 3/8".

I bought a set of Warne 1" Low rings, got out my Fat Wrench, (25 in/lbs recommended), and in minutes it all came together. It is a nice looking little rig but it feels big - like a real 'grown-up' rifle.

dogrtst.

Last edited: March 21, 2017
  14. That Ruger you have displayed, Orlando, is sweet. If I had the wherewithal, I would like to convert one of mine to .920 and that would be fun. Don't know if I have the smarts for it, though.

When I got the CZ, I did this so that I could have a replacement for another Ruger 10/22 Stainless model that I am getting ready to ship to my great-nephew, to the Communist State of Shock - Massachusetts. That, my former home-state, has become 'draconian' with their restrictive gun laws. As bad as Ct, NY, NJ. East Coast states - to think John Adams defended the British troops who tried to take our guns during the 'First Boston Massacre". (Adams won his case and defended the British troops successfully, BTW). We didn't see that one coming!

But I digress . . .

My nephew has to, first get a permit to own a firearm, the .22 Ruger, and MA is a 'may issue' state so there are never any guarantees. Then I will have to pay $60 to a gun store or a legal FFL holder, from here in OH, who will ship the rifle for me, to a gun store /FFL holder in MA, and . . . you guessed it, he will have to pay a fee to get the rifle from the receiving FFL holder. It's all about the money - no doubt.

Still, I will have a great-nephew, who will grow up to learn to love firearms and the shooting sports. He is ready to graduate to the .22 LR, from his BB gun, now. I'll bet there are probably restriction on those things, as well.

dogrtst.