• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Do you reload and what

Nothing is implied,nothing to decipher. shot a cartridge into a bucket of sand and recovered the bullet(or parts). recorded cartridge,barrel length,if factory load what the load was,if handload what bullet and powder was. I was asked about the tests laying on the bench when I posted the reloading bench pic and I'm posting 10 of the 60 tests that were on the bench.

Oh, well, that being the case, it may help to chart these numbers in Excel or something. Include things like cavitation width, barrel length, powder charge, caliber, etc...all that stuff each in its own column then sort by the obvious criteria and ask Excel to plot trend lines...it's gotten pretty good at noticing patterns in data. I'd be interested to see what it spits out for these tests :)

Before FFF today,I searched info and prices online.
The list is 129.38. Cabellas'-99.99,Midway-95.99,CTD-90.93,Brownells-99.99,BassPro-109.99
FFF-99.99-the last one they had on the shelf,was surprised they had it at all.
FFF was stocked up well,compared to the past. Primers,powder,generic bulk bullets. Lot of ammo but nothing in the 22LR realm.
The reloading aisles were busy,more new reloading enthusiasts than I've ever seen before. Talked to many of them,mostly getting into handgun reloading.
Firearms were busy too,much paperwork being filled out,more future reloaders.

I think it would be impossible to write a bad review as I have nothing to compare it to, I'd be comparing a motorized ID & OD chamfer,primer pocket crimp remover, pocket cleaner to doing them manually.
I still have to mount it on side of the bench(so trimming fall downward) and run a 110 line to a 110 outlet box at that end of the bench.

noise is very low(so far). The 2 rotary implements it came with were the OD case mouth deburrer and VLD ID case mouth deburrer. Just trying it(them) on a fired 9mm case,they appeared to work fine. I gotta mount the unit now as you press a case into/onto the rotarys,the force will push the unit away,even though it has rubber feet. It doesn't have mounting tabs/ears,but I'll figure something out.

my motorized corner

the Hornady 'trio'

as I wanted to retain the rubber feet,I found some 'mounting tabs'(I think they were used for window mounting) in my hardware collection. slightly loosen the screws and rotate the tabs and the hornady unit comes off the bench.

still gotta work on a different hybrid case length trimmer. standard presses and dies are threaded 7/8-14. I have a 7/8-14 tap and die from working on Camaro/firebird rearends which have 7/8-14 thread for the pinion and nut. I also have a bunch of large straight flare fittings that have 7/8-14 for the flare end. carbide cutters fit nicely into the collet of an electric eraser I have. what I'm looking to do is have that mounted on the press and push a case(in a standard case/shell holder) up into the trimmer.

Last edited:
got all my organizing and inventorying done,converted all my hand written load data sheets to the digital world.
time to start reloading !
got 1600 9mm to load consisting of 88jhp,115tc plated,and 124rn lead.
got 450 38sp to load with 110jhp and 158swc.
got 450 357m to load with 110jhp,125jhp,and 158swc.
nothing to do in 40S&W as I'm not done testing to establish standard loads.
got 500 10mm to load with 155jhp.165jhp,and 180fmj.
223/5.56,gotta make up test rounds for both AR15 and Savage bolt action.
308/7.62,gotta make up test rounds for both AR10 and Savage bolt action.

To all reloaders Have you ever checked out Precision Delta Bullets they are jacketed not plated bullets. Check their website let me know what you think. I've shot their 45cal bullets in 230gr round nose. For cast bullets check out Bullets Direct.com. I cast my own but for those who don't have the tools or just haven't tried this may help.

I reload for

38spl/357mag
44spl/44mag
9mm
40S&W
45ACP
380ACP
30/30
30-06
12 guage shotgun
and I'm sure more I can't recall right now

Ordered a Stainless Tumbling Media(wet tumbling)kit. Received my kit yesterday,Wednesday March 18. Package was 'intact'. Assembled unit yesterday,no problems. Ran unit,per instructions,with 38 special brass I had ready for the test. Started it about 8pm and it ran for 11 hours,I know it was more than the recommended about 4 hours but I wasn't about to get up from sleeping. Opened it up today,messy but I was expecting that,and all brass was like new/unfired. Even the few test ones I put in,that conventional vibrasonic tumbling wouldn't clean up,were like new.

Run it for 4 hours next time and report back. This sounds good give more of a review primed unprimed drying time and such.

Last edited:
The very first(test batch) was with half of my 38 special brass. Got another batch running right now,the other half of my 38 special brass. About 200 previously as test batch and now about 200 more. I'll only be doing de-primed brass as I have been doing for many years with the regular vibrasonic dry tumbling. I used the media separator(colander) from the dry tumbling kit and that worked well. I looked at/examined each case upon removal from the colander to check for any of the stainless pins that might have become jammed in the case/cases. There have been forum reports about the pins getting jammed in the primer flash hole. The wet cases were just laid on a towel,covered with another towel and top towel moved around. I wasn't concerned about the internal moisture in the cases. I didn't let them just air dry upon removal from the colander because of potential water spots. Outside and inside of cases and primer pockets looked like virgin unfired new brass.

At some point I will do pictures of start to finish but the 38 special brass I was dealing with was once-fired,not de-primed,and dry tumbled from Kendall Ordnance. I de-primed them and ran them thru my dry tumbling. Then I received my wet tumbling kit.

Last edited:

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
When you guys who reload get started on a "batch" to work with, what amount of brass are we talking?

I see where it's about 4 hour to polish and dry.

How about depriming, sizing, etc?

Take a typical run of 500 rounds from start to finish. About how much time (and cost) is involved to arrive at a finished product?

AD

I have dies for everything I want to load and I collect brass powder , primers and bullets. I have a led furnace and lead need some more molds . As long as I can buy ammo I won't reload, I am stocked up on live. ammo in calibers I think I might need, if and when it is not available I will be all set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk