Bought another gun

Discussion in 'Women & Firearms' started by Minimal Brat, August 2, 2014.

1. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Gun of choice for now. I love my sr9c but this S&W 5906 has a bit of a smaller grip so it fits my hand just a tiny bit better. I love the weight and recoil is about nothing. The longer I shoot the more I find I like a bigger, heavier gun. Have to thank the guys here who went shooting with me and showed me bigger can be better :)

2. BuckJM53

BuckJM53

MB ... Nice looking Smith :). There is something special about stainless steel ;)

3. 5906,3rd generation,no longer made but better than the models that replaced the 3rd gens.
    I've got a 915(economy 3rd gen 9mm),5946(DA only),1006(10mm),so far.

since you've got a smith,here's the S&W forum

http://smith-wessonforum.com/forum.php

Last edited: August 2, 2014
  4. MikeH121

MikeH121

5. good price,during the 'frenzy' those used 5906s' were going for 650-750 at gun shows,they're down to 450-550 now at shows.

6. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

This is used but in great shape. Got this for 300. Only has one mag so I am looking around for a couple of more. Thanks for the site oldman 10mm

None of my guns have after market mags. Does it make a difference if I find a factory one or an after market one?

7. all my magazines for my smiths' are S&W,so I can't answer about a non-smith mag.
    back in 2012,before the frenzy and I was just starting to look for/collect 3rd gen 9mms',at the medina show,one of the used clip dealers had a bunch of the 'double stackers',I bought all he had(about a dozen),figured they'd be in demand as the 3rd gens were no longer in production. since I bought all he had,he gave me a good price of 15 each. not sorry I bought that many !
    if we have a get-together at a range,Ill bring the smiths. we're due for one anyway.

8. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Would be nice to get together again. There is a range in springfield that we can shoot guns at we can't shoot up here. Should all meet down there. Hubby picked this one up in Florida for me. I still have a bazooka on my list but he says I don't need one lol

9. You'll truly love that 5906. My dad carried one when he was a Customs Officer. It ran smooth as butter and never had a hiccup at all and he obviously trusted his life to that firearm as well. I wish I could get him to let me have it but it has a lot of sentimental value to him still so I understand.

Anyhow, enjoy that beauty.

P.S. I always try to buy quality factory or aftermarket mags for my firearms. Beware there are some real losers out there too.

10. gonna be reloading for it ?

11. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Doc doesn't recommend I reload because of my lungs.

12. Minimal Brat

Minimal Brat

Finally bought my 9mm high point 995TSFG. Can't wait until it gets here

13. daniellawecki

daniellawecki

toledo
    Ruger AR15 18'' barrel 15'' hand guard haven't shot it yet. I bought this as a flat top will put a nice scope on it.

14. diesel

diesel

Hey Brat!!! How the heck are ya? Good to hear from you after so long.:):flag: