• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Any IDPA shooters here?

Actually I've been looking for IDPA ranges for many years(15-20) now. One of the clubs listed ( North Olmsted Sportsmans Club) has IDPA and I'm a member there BUT BUT BUT It's setup in an indoor 50ft range. I've been to one to watch and no way I would participate in it after seeing a good IDPA outdoor range/course.
I used to belong to TRW Rod & Gun Club from the mid 70s' to about 10 years ago. In the tailing end of my membership there, range officer would set up paper plates on sticks at different heights and different distances. Very informal,shoot once at all the plates as fast as you can,no scoring no timing,just some informal fun. The club was renamed Crooked Creek Conservation Club with much expansion and improvements. They now have timed shoots. I contacted them and the shoots are open to the public, no membership required. He told me to stop in to watch and bring guns. Have yet to go there but it is my intention.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Time for an update of the Hansen Gazette. Sponsored by McDonalds. Supplying ice cream sundaes to the deplorable Monday night shooters long into the night and sometimes actually getting the order correct.

Anyway, as it will be no surprise to anyone who hasn’t been living on the moon for the last year or so, the Pistol Caliber Carbine division (PCC) and Carry Optic (CO) division have been taking off and not surprising, the people shooting these “cheating” guns have been scoring nicely against their mere iron sighted rivals. This needs to be addressed, and soon!

With that said, I believe it was our own Bob Holland who opined that the PCC guys and gals should be shooting Head Shots Only to at least make an attempt to bring those renegades with optics back in line with the unwashed masses of iron shooters. This intrigued me.

With that preamble, I will announce to the world (at least to the Hansen world) that effectively next week, we will have a new Level One division to shoot. Totally optional, but if you have any sense of truth, justice and the American way, you may want to try it. You can even select it on PractiScore when you sign up or we can change your Division in the stats shack.

HSO is the new division. Head Shots Only.

Yes, you can now play in your own division with all of the other cheaters shooting rifles, bazookas, carry optics, machine guns and the like. Of course ANYBODY can choose to shoot in the HSO division, but we’re trying to level the playing field, not start a war.

Here are the basic rules to play by……..

1. All static paper targets are to be engaged as head shots, including Mozambiques.
  2. Scoring is simple. You either hit the head or you don’t. Zero or a miss.
  3. The head shot is the entire head, not just the zero scoring circle.
  4. Steel and moving targets (drop turn, swingers, etc) are shot normally with normal scoring.
  5. Shooting from retention remains the same for safety reasons.
  6. And finally, for you PCC gamers, ANY hit on a non-threat counts, not just the head!

That’s it! Pretty simple, easy to remember (for us old guys) and you get the satisfaction of telling anybody that will listen that “Yeah, I ran the Monday night match shooting all head shots”. This moves you up the gun guy rankings in “cool factor” by many, many points!

On the score results sheets you will be listed as HSO instead of whatever division you would have normally shot so that anybody else in the match that sees your score will realize just how great you are and that they probably got beat by a guy shooting head shots!!

I have updated the PractiScore sign up to show “HSO” as a valid division and it will also be on the tablets.

I realize that this relates mostly to the cheating PCC guys, but I’m sure there may be a Carry Optic (CO) whiner or two that might come in when they need to feel loved at a later date.

So, if you are happy with this small addition to our Monday night fun, you can thank me. If you think it sucks big time, yell at Bob Holland.

AD (Cheating PCC guy)

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
As an update, the "HSO" fun division has taken off. Several of the PCC guys stepped up to the challenge and are looking forward to more matches with the "heads only" for them. I think it's a bit of a bragging rights thing.

We've gone back to normal scoring on the head which makes the "down zero" size only a four inch circle on the head. The rest being "down 1" second of time. Of course a miss is still 5 seconds.

So, you guys with the PCC's and AR's. Work on your head shots and join in!

AD