• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Any IDPA shooters here?

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Let no good deed go unpunished.

Last week I kicked Greg's butt big time but this week, I made a tactical error. No, it was a tactical BLUNDER and it cost me the match.

Greg an I were locked in a duel right to the end and this was the final stage. Decided I'd video this one. Note to self: teach these guys how to hold a GoPro camera steady and stop fiddling around with it!!

Anyway, Greg runs me on this stage! I think he was cheating or something as I got beat by something like 10 seconds to lose the match to him. It didn't help that I blundered into a blind corner and had to back out to continue on with the stage.

You start this stage with ALL magazines on the table as well as your unloaded sidearm. The course of fire was a minimum of 16 rounds and there were two ways to shoot it. My brain fried when the timer went off and I lost my train of thought of where I "wanted" to be after the table shots.

Don't laugh. Even though I've been doing this for a few years now, when that timer goes off, something just happens. If you haven't experienced it, you won't have a clue as to what I'm talking about.

Anyway, try not to fall over laughing when you see me run into the blind alley to the LEFT of the wall when I should have run to the RIGHT of the wall after the table shots. Those first three targets from the seated position were to be taken as one shot to each target before reengaging to complete.

On a happier note, I did take "Most Accurate" for the third straight week, so I had that going for me. My regular shooting buddies are still laughing at my major gaff on this stage.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Warning!

I'm running the Ruger GP-100 revolver all this month to get up to speed for the January 30th Classifier.

World's Funniest Shooting videos will no doubt follow shortly.

My buddies are licking their chops for the chance to beat up on me each week.

If I can get my reload times down, they'll all be in trouble.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Just barely beat four of the five guys I normally trounce. I'm talking 1 second or less on all of them. One penalty away from a major crisis!!!

Revolvers ARE different. There is a reason semi-autos have taken over the world!! Hopefully I'll get back on track as the month moves on.

More next week and maybe a video if I don't look too bad in it.

AD (you guys got any videos of your shooting? Post them up in the photo section).

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Well, only two more weeks of me getting attacked from my "buddies" who are all running semi-autos against my wheel gun. I held off most of them, or at least the ones I should beat, but it's close. The next guy below me was only .07 seconds behind. I'll have to pick up the pace or they'll ALL be running over me.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on any videos this week but my neighbor decided I was about to do another "Squirrel Dance" on the stage where I run around lost in a maze before figuring out where I belong, but I avoided that and this was the result. It was more of a clandestine video from his phone. As you can hear at the end, I still don't get any respect for the wheel gun with these guys. Cretins!!

The only thing to watch for in this is the 5th and 6th shots where I hit the steel target twice with a nice double tap in order to have to reload in a better position and avoid having to reacquire the same paper target twice later on. The guy who was right on my tail picked up 3.5 seconds on this stage due to me having to make a second reload while he only needed one.

So what did you guys shoot this week?

AD

After being sick most of last winter shooting has come to a stop. As I can't shoot indoors because of having acute Bronchitis last year. The cold weather here in the north kicks my ass.:(

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Had an interesting night on Monday.

My "arch nemesis" was home from work so instead of me running the revolver like I was planning, I made a quick change and pulled the gun off my belt (Glock 30), grabbed an extra box of ammo out of the medicine cabinet and jumped into the fray.

Now Greg (my target) made a tactical mistake. He brought a six shooter to a gun fight. He may be faster on his feet than me, but those extra reloads act as a handicap and I pulled off the win by 6 seconds and was top guy in CDP division for the night. Actually I had a pretty good night as I also took "Most Accurate" for the night with a total of down 4.

Anyway, on this stage, the final one we shot, Greg needed to pick up 6 seconds. He only got me by a half second on this one and that was all she wrote. I think I would have had him anyway, even without his extra reload. Listen for the guys shout "gamer" when I took my extra shot (9th) at the target. This allowed me to reload and re-engage without having to acquire they same target twice.

I'll be back to the revolver next week in order to get ready for the Classifier at the end of the month.

Guys, get out there and get some shooting on the timer with a buddy. You'll be a better shooter for it.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

You know how I'm always telling you to take a buddy with you to shoot with? Well here's what I get from my "friends" around here.

I tell ya. I just get no respect from those scurvy dogs when I stumble a bit.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Well, tonight is the battle of the back-up guns. With most guys running full sized guns, it's always interesting to see what happens when the REAL backup guns (or appropriately sized carry guns) show up to shoot the regular course of fire.

I don't see a win for me here, but then I don't see me wiping up the bottom either.

We shall see.

Six shots and lots of reloads "on the clock" will separate the wheat from the chaff on the course.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
An interesting night for sure. We had THIRTEEN guys show up (60 total shooters) who brought their back up guns. All kinds of LC9's, Shields, baby Glocks, etc.

I took second overall but did win my class in BUG!

Much better than I thought.

Always fun to shoot with friends using basically the same equipment. Nothing fancy this week, just our back up guns!

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Well, it was a battle of the 45's last night. Seems my "arch nemesis", Greg, decided to play with the big guns and got himself Classified last Sunday (by me, of course) and he was ready to go on Monday.

This video was the last stage of the night and it was interesting, mainly because both of us were shooting guns that couldn't go the distance without a reload. Any miss along the way just prolonged the agony.

Notice that I do take an extra shot (the 9th) so as to empty the gun and get me to slide lock for a reload after finishing the target otherwise I advance to the next shooting position, take one shot and have to reload and re-engage that same target. Not good.

Also, we had a side bet on accuracy for this stage so it's a bit slower than we would have liked, but buying dinner gets expensive with these clowns.

Oh yeah, I got him for the night by 11 seconds overall and most of that came from this stage. He also lost the "accuracy" part by 4 points. I was "Down 1" and he was "Down 11".

Ya gotta hit the target!!!

The videos are a bit shaky because the GoPro they were using didn't have the view screen on the back so it was kind of "point and shoot" and hope it came out OK.

Hey! Get out there and shoot with/against your buddy!! (And make him buy the beer later.)

AD

Greg

Andy

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Guys,

Had a good match on Monday with the "small" exception of a malfunction on stage 4. It probably cost me two overall positions in the match, but at least I got it under control and back in the game quickly enough.

The stage had you engage each target with two shots each while retreating and finish with the two targets from cover on both sides. Simple enough. I actually had a plan and figured I could pick up some time with a perfectly planned reload on the move.

NOT!

Seems I got a little sloppy on the sixth shot and got some type of malfunction. The instant reaction was to attempt to slingshot the slide, (nope), drop magazine, reload, slingshot and re-engage to finish. It cost me maybe six seconds AND and extra reload (arrrrrgh) but got through the course.

Good "training" for the malfunction anyway, so it wasn't a lost lesson on me.

Also, my language at the malf was, "colorful", so keep the speakers turned down.

Once again, get out there with a buddy on a timer and get some real trigger time in!

AD (I did beat my guy overall, just not on this stage)

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I will say it again. I am duly impressed by your skill set Andy. I only wish that someday I will have a 1/10th of it myself. Perhaps someday I will actually get a chance to really shoot and hone my skills as you have. Thank you as always for sharing. Nice to see someone you know in videos and not a complete stranger.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
It was an odd Monday night. Both myself and my arch nemesis were shooting 45's in the same category and division, both running Glocks and his "Frankengun" took a nap on this stage and cost him heavily.

He's put a slimmer frame on a wider gun and come up with another Glock hybrid of two guns. Me? I just run the trusty, stone stock, Glock 30/3. (Normal carry gun is the Glock 30/4)

Here's both of us on Stage 1. He lost this stage by ten seconds after target penalties. I was down "2". He was down "9" and a procedural during the run.

Yes, thinking and shooting is a whole different experience from just standing there and lobbing bullets downrange. Ask Greg about it!

Also, you can tell from all the friendly heckling from the peanut gallery that we're all having a good time in spite of shooting in the middle of the pack for the night. Hey! It didn't matter where I finished overall, as long as I beat Greg!!!

AD (Get out there and shoot with a buddy!)

PS It looks better full screen as they took these vids with a cell phone.

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Hey guys,

Just another normal Monday night with me running slow motion around the course.

On this first video I thought I could pick up some speed by staying on one side of the last wall and taking all the shots from one spot. Looking back on it I should have done that reload while moving along the wall to a much better, and open, shooting position for the final two targets. As it was, I wound up leaning WAY out to get them both and almost took out the non-shoot in the process. Lesson learned.

The last video is pretty normal stuff except for the targets marked with the black sides. That's "hard cover" and is treated as a miss if you hit that part of the target. You must get the shots in the unpainted cardboard.

Get out there and beat up on your buddy, no matter how slow you are around the course.

AD

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Here ya go. I beat my nemesis by 4 seconds on this stage, mainly because his 1911 "puked" after the reload otherwise we would have been almost even on this one.

You had to drag that barrel out while engaging the two targets inside the wall. Then engage everything else from cover, like usual. I was down 4 points on this one while he was down 8.

You gotta hit the targets!!

AD (I did beat him overall for the night, so I had that going for me)

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
All,

Well, it's summer already at the range and we're all dealing with the heat, even during the evening shoot.

This stage presented an interesting way to shoot it. I elected one way and my arch nemesis elected another way.

He lost. It didn't help that he also hit "Grandma" (the no shoot) and you'll hear the boys letting him know about during his run.

Greg elected to run the stage and finish with the steel popper while I chose to hit the popper with a "free bullet" before a reload. If I got it (I did) it would save several seconds on the stage. If I missed it, it may have only cost me a second at the most.

As it turns out, I beat him by 6 seconds on this stage even without his killing grandma along the way.

Anyway, for your viewing pleasure, and a few laughs along the way, I present "Stage Four" of Monday Night IDPA.

AD (I didn't do these videos)

PS Get out there and shoot with a buddy!

ADulay

nra
Army
airforce
nra instructor
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I was running a recently acquired Gen 4 Glock 34.

I had been looking around for one (already have a Gen 3) but am trying to standardize by going to an "All Gen 4" selection of shooters.

June 13th will be a "BUG" match for the troops with smaller guns who feel outgunned on Monday night by all the full sized sidearms.

That means all the LC9's, Glock 26's and the like, PM9's, PPK's and a few snubbie revolvers will show up and we'll all be on the same squad. Shooting the BUG guns is always more fun with a group than standing there alone.

AD (I'll drag the Glock 26 out of the sock drawer by the bed!)