• For those that are or may be expiriencing login issues, please try using https://www.ohgunowners.net

That seems to resolve the problem some have been having.

Also if you'd like to use the secure connection obviously you can with out problem.

If you do have any issues please use the contact link at the bottom to let me know so I can look further into it.

Thank you,

Andy

Another license

ADulay

nra
nra instructor
All,

Well my new lady friend has an expensive condo up in Minnesota and I was obligated to stop in for a week on my way back from Sturgis this year. I don’t think they appreciated my motorcycle cluttering up a parking spot but that’s another story.

While doing some checking it was determined that I was a criminal in Minnesota as my Florida Weapons permit is not valid in Minnesota. Bummer.

So, being a dutiful citizen I sat through another $100 course at an officially recognized training center, took the test, shot the course and submitted my paperwork to the Hennepin County (Minneapolis) Sheriff’s office this morning with still another $100 bill (cash only) and should shortly have my Minnesota License to Carry in the mail.

If that condo association thought my bike was out of place, I’m sure they’ll love the open carry Glock on down the road.

Also picked up the Utah permit this week in the mail so I’m good for the next 5 years or so on carry permits.

It’s always strange to me that being able to exercise a “right” usually costs a few hundred dollars in many places.

AD

PS. My lady friend sat in on the class, shot a borrowed 22 from the instructor and got her permit too! That was totally unplanned but she did it anyway.

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
I swear you have more carry licenses than anyone I know. Hell I can barely keep track of my Ohio one. I am working on an Indiana one but there are some stipulations that need to be met and I am working those as well.

Some day if I can ever break free from the retail world and get a REAL job that has reasonable hours I hope I can travel and participate in matches that you are.

All,

Hey! I'm back in!

Seems there is some kind of problem with my normal (ADulay) login so I had to reregister using this new moniker in order to post up and send a "help" message to the admin. We'll see how it goes.

As for the new license, I was amazed at how quickly they got the processing done for Minnesota.

I submitted the paperwork to the Hennepin County (Minneapolis) Sheriff's department on August 13th and the card showed up at my house on August 23rd! That's a pretty fast time I should think.

The Utah permit took almost 60 days from time of submission to showing up in my mailbox, but that was expected according to their website.

Anyway, good to back in and posting again.

AD (or BeeMW as it were for now)

ADulay

nra
nra instructor
I didn't realize you guys needed a separate license for Indiana. I thought Ohio and Indiana had reciprocal agreements for the license.

AD

whitewolf68

Army
Site Owner
nra
Army
There is reciprocity between the two states. Indiana states that it allows carry according to the license issued by your resident state. Indiana just has a handgun permit that does not state concealed or open carry, just a handgun permit.

Ohio issues a concealed carry permit BUT we have open carry with restrictions according to the Ohio laws. So therein lies the rub. I still open carry when in Indiana but I fear that sometime I will encounter law enforcement and find out I am breaking their state law.

I am still working to get a conclusive answer to this conundrum.